Sunday, August 30, 2009

Spray Paint Art.











Spray paint art

SPRAY PAINT ART
has opened up a whole new world for me. I am constantly learning and discovering new things and I plan to continue spray painting for as long as I can !

When I was first introduced to spray paint art I was instantly amazed by the vibrant colours, interesting textures & speed at which an artist could accomplish a painting. I knew from that moment, this was something I had to try myself. A day later I had several A4 size art papers, a bunch of spray cans, some materials I needed and eagerly went to work trying to understand the new concepts of the art. It was like nothing I'd ever done before. My first few results, to my surprise, were amazing. And that spurred me on.
Beginners luck was working for me. But stumbling blocks soon followed in the form of shoddy paintings. With practise and determination I started to understand what needed to be done to get the results I wanted.
Since childhood, I've always had a yearning to follow some artform. I wrote poetry in school and college. I took up to photography and stained glass painting. I am a good gardner for I have the proverbial green fingers. I joined the Flora Gatha Dance Group, when in college, and got centre stage in performances. I'm still at it. Discovering myself... When I saw my own first paintings, I was hooked on to it. And I said to myself "..this is it. This is what I want to do for ever and ever".
With the encouragement of my family members, last month I decided to have a solo show of my creations. The exhibition was held at "The Art Gallery" of P.L.Deshpande Kala Academy (Ravindra Natya Mandir), Prabhadevi, Mumbai. I got good media cover and appeared on prominent pages in BOMBAY TIMES, Chembur Ghatkopar plus, WHAT's HOT and Times of South Mumbai. This month I participated in the Great Wall project, a program for the city, an initiative to beautify the neighbourhood.
Posted above are some of my creations from last month's solo-show. Please leave your feed-back. It's vital to me.

1 comment:

  1. Sunil, Since you told me about your exhibition to be held at delhi i just happened to write your name on the google search engine and lo.. i saw your blogspot.

    Am really very impressed by the paintings and never knew you had such talent.

    keep it up forever and wish you all the best.

    regards
    vijay ahuja

    ReplyDelete